The purpose of this page is to support you in ensuring that your child focuses on their learning during the school day. There are tempting distractions at home, so this can be challenging!
It’s natural for your child to want to play with their favorite games or toys when they’re at home. They might want to go outside, watch television, or hop on a device. The key is for caregivers is to set boundaries. This helps our children stay focused on learning as if they were at school. Here are some ideas to support you in holding learning time sacred:
- Encourage your child to get up and dressed and ready for learning at the same time each day.
- Make sure your child has had breakfast, so they have energy to learn.
- Help your child begin learning at the same time the school day starts.
- Limit distractions in your child’s learning environment.
- Set a timer so your child can focus on learning in small increments.
- Encourage your child to take scheduled breaks.
- Avoid running errands with your child until the school day is done.
- Try to schedule any appointments after the school day ends.
- Celebrate your child every time they follow their school day routine!